Why I Love My Red Nose
May 18, 2017
You may see me wearing a red nose in the next few days. I’m wearing it proudly to support a cause called Red Nose Day which is on Thursday, May 25.
Red Nose Day is about ending child poverty here in the U.S. and around the world, “one nose at a time.”
My family and I have been tremendously blessed. A day doesn’t go by when I’m not thankful for all we have, but we also pray and do our best for those in need, especially children.
We’ve learned that:
- 1 out of 5 children in the U.S. live in poverty.
- Every Year, More Than 2 Million Kids in America Will Face a Period of Homelessness.
- 57% of homeless kids spend at least one day every month without food.
These are heartbreaking numbers! Homeless children and youth in our streets are also in constant danger of human traffickers – something I know so many of our churches and organizations fight against.
Hopefully, you too can join me for Red Nose Day! There are so many easy ways you too can be a part of this including:
- Wear your own Red Nose and post on your social channels to raise awareness. Red Noses are available at all Walgreens locations. Don’t forget to hashtag #rednoseday
- Watch A Special Night of TV: On May 25, NBC will be celebrating Red Nose Day with a three-hour primetime program block that will both entertain viewers and give them an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of kids in need.
- Visit the Red Nose Day website: https://rednoseday.org/ for additional fun ideas and info.
Some of the charities that will benefit include: Save The Children, Feeding American, Boys and Girls Club and these two Christian-based charities – Covenant House and charity: water. All of these organizations work tireless to make a difference here at home in the U.S. and around the world.
Whenever, I pray with gratitude, I also think of this passage below:
In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive (Acts 20:35).
I believe that we can all raise awareness, support Red Nose Day, and end child poverty – one nose at a time.
Check out the video below of Ed Sheeran helping raise awareness of Red Nose Day: